Full Stack Experience
Whether laying out and styling pages, writing server code to perform business logic, interacting with databases or configuring and maintaining server environments, I have over 15 years of experience across the stack.
- HTML and styling with CSS/Sass
- Transpiling and Polyfills for browser support
- Angular, Riot.js, Vue and React
- Websockets and WebRTC
- Web Accessibility for ADA/WCAG compliance
A programmer first, web developer second, I find myself just as comfortable writing server code and interacting with databases as I do laying out designs in HTML. A programmer should be able to pick up any language and framework and be able to produce good work.
- Deep understanding of how the internet works, including HTTP requests, IP addresses, routing and domain names.
- Python server development with Django, Flask and Starlette.
- C# server development with ASP.Net and .Net Core.
- Node.js server development with Express.js.
- PHP development for WordPress and other systems.
- MongoDB, MySQL, MSSQL, and Postgres database experience.
I have a lot of experience hosting, managing and maintaining linux servers.
- Linux operating system
- Domain name registration and DNS resolution
- Load balancing and testing
- Nginx and Apache
- Virtualization and Docker containers
The design and development of video games has been a passion of mine since I was a child. It is actually what got me started in programming at eight years old. Throughout my childhood and into college I was regularly working on games in a variety of platforms and languages, including Basic, C, HTML and GameMaker.
I left college after Junior Year to pursue an ambitious dream with several friends - to make a video game studio. This was before the "indie" game development boom, and during the early years of iOS. We eventually released a puzzle/platforming game for iOS called "function.repair".
The company didn't make it, but the experience gained and the friendships made have been invaluable ever since. I still mess around with game development as a hobby.
- Unity, Godot, Unreal, SDL, SFML, Cocos2D, Three.js, Pixi.js
- Mobile development
- Browser-based games
- Gameplay design